Suite Deal, Part 3: Become A Lean, Mean Editing Machine (Macros)
Presenter: Michael Starkman
Recording: Yes, Immediate
Preview: Click to View Webinar Preview
Michael's first webinar focused on Hyperkeys, Autoreplacements and Spacebar Commands. This one zooms in on Macros. These are four of the most underutilized, yet incredibly powerful, features in Eclipse. So why aren't you using them? They'll save you incalculable amounts of time and take the effort out of editing. You're not alone. It is rare to find a user who knows about all four of them; rarer still to find one who knows how to take full advantage. But you can change that by joining us for these webinars.
After taking you through Hyperkeys, Spacebar Commands and Autoreplacements, Michael will finish up with the Big M: Macros. Macros exist in a dream state for most users, dimly apprehended and chancy if approached too closely. When it comes to using them, Eclipsters trend two ways. Either they avoid them entirely or tread very lightly, fearful they'll muck something up.
Michael is going to shine a bright light, revealing them for what they are and, guess what, it's not complicated after all. Macros do exactly what we tell them to, which means we are the ones in control. Feel better? You should, and you should participate in this webinar, too, because it's going to open some doors and pull you through them.
Here's the agenda:
- What is a macro? Like a biologist splaying a frog, Michael will open a few up and explain the contents.
- How to create one from scratch. Just like Paula Dean making biscuits . . . well, sort of.
- Ingredients: the Macro button, the Macro name, the Macro steps, and the Macro key command. See, that wasn't so hard.
- Macro groups? These thiings have friends, belong to clubs, hang out? Who knew? You should. They're friendly and not at all cliqueish. Plus they're handy as a pocket on a shirt.
- And easy as well. These groups put their pants on one leg at a time just like any other Macro. They, too, have names, steps and key commands.
- Did you know you can share Macros easily? Well, not on Facebook, but you can send them around like a chain mail if you like.
- And (drumroll) you can combine them with Hyperkeys and Autoreplacements.
By the time you finish, you'll be writing Macros fearlessly, slinging them at all the chores you encounter as you slog through transcript. Keep in mind that with the holidays approaching they make dandy holiday gifts for your Eclipster friends and colleagues.
<< Back to Available Webinars - Email this Page