Total Eclipse 5 Preview - Part 2
Presenter: Jeremy Thorne
In Part 1 Keith presents an overview of the features in 5 and what you should do to prepare for it. In Part 2, Jeremy will present a more in-depth exploration of the program, covering each of the new features in detail. Since he wrote the code, he can explain them like no other. Those of you who have attended one of Jeremy's seminars in the past know that, in addition to his prodigious programming talents, he is also an accomplished speaker. He understands his subject material thoroughly (of course!) and delivers the information in a clear and understandable style. Join us as Jeremy Thorne, Director of Research & Development for Advantage Software, guides us through the stunning breakthroughs in Total Eclipse Version 5.
Jeremy Thorne, Director of Research & Development for Eclipse, has never shied away from a challenge. Since 2006 he has introduced one breakthrough feature after another, features that have revolutionized CAT software forever. Global Magic™ made globaling simpler and more efficient. Auto-Brief™ made realtime faster and easier. Translation Magic™ made every translation more accurate and intuitive.
AutoMagic™ is a masterpiece of software innovation. Easily the biggest rabbit yet that Jeremy has pulled out of his hat, it is literally the synthesis of years of development. No matter what you're doing at any moment in Eclipse, it anticipates the ten most likely commands or options you might want in that location and displays them for you to choose. Press a number: Done. Move your cursor, press a number: Done. Easy as 1, 2, 3! New users can work in Eclipse efficiently right from the beginning, while experienced users can streamline their editing and reduce keystrokes. Wow! It doesn't get any better than that.
"Brilliantly simple and simply brilliant."
That's how Keith describes AutoMagic™. "It's wonderfully easy to use, but it's also extremely powerful and nuanced. In fact, I found it took 12 Visualizers just to show some of the ways that AutoMagic™ makes it easier and faster to produce a more perfect transcript. About 80% of the time, the choice I need is right on the list. AutoMagic™ is not just one feature, but it pulls all the pieces together. Prepare to be amazed."
Join Us For An Exciting Preview Of Total Eclipse 5 Presented By
Keith Vincent And Jeremy Thorne
Because of AutoMagic™, as well as many other new features and enhancements, the breakthrough is so great that the version number is jumping straight from 4.3 to 5. As Total Eclipse 5 is prepared for general release, we're confident you'll want to see the program in action. So we've asked Keith Vincent and Jeremy Thorne to present a suite of webinars devoted to What's New in Total Eclipse 5. In Part 1, Keith will present a general introduction to help you get ready for Version 5, and later, in Part 2, Jeremy will present a more in-depth exploration of the program after you've had a chance to use it for a while.
Here are some of the areas Jeremy will cover in Part 2:
- The User migration process: What you'll need to do to load TE5 and where your new files will be located
- Audiosynch with StenoLink: Now your scopist will be able to hear and capture the audio you're recording
- Permanent job statistics in the file manager: Your job statistics are now permanently saved
- The "Sync audio here" button: Simple synchronization when the audio and the text don't match up
- Form field math formulas: Now you can use form fields to calculate billing information for your jobs
- Integral prefixes and suffixes: Eclipse can now apply integral prefixes and suffixes during translation
- Partial matches in slop strokes: Powerful but use with caution and Jeremy will tell you how
- Automatic indexing using regular expressions: Buckle your seat belts for this one
<< Back to Available Webinars - Email this Page